I have had the honor of serving you on the Lacey City Council for the past eleven years. I love this city. I remember the first time my wife and I visited here, and we knew this is where we wanted to call home. Since our move from South Florida in 2006 – I have worked to serve our community proactively.
Along with my work on the City Council, I have also worked to improve our community by serving on several boards and committees, including:
- Horizon Point HOA President | 2007 – 2020
- Thurston County Chamber Board | 2007 – 2011
- Lacey Chamber Government Affairs Com Member | 2008 – Present
- Thurston Chamber Business Committee Chair | 2010 -2012
- Lacey Planning Commission Chair | 2010 – 2012
- Olympia Master Builders Member | 2006 – 2012
- Lacey Chamber of Commerce Member | 2006 – Present
- Emergency Medical Services Board Member (Current: Vice Chair) | 2012 – Present
- T-Comm 911 Board Member (Current: Chair) | 2012 – Present
My professional background is entrepreneurial. I have owned several small businesses, including an insurance agency for 25 years. I currently manage the Northwest territory for an insurance company. My extensive experience starting and running small businesses has allowed me to gain valuable insights into the struggles and needs of business owners in our area. I understand how to spur success and encourage growth.
The most important roles I have in my life are being a husband, father, and grandfather. My wife Catherine and I raised four beautiful daughters. We now have the pleasure of being grandparents to seven grandchildren ranging in age from 2 to 21 years old. Like so many of you, family is my priority and always has been. I will always work to protect the well-being of families across our community.
I’m proud of the progress we’ve made over the past eleven years. There is still more work to do and I’m ready to keep working hard to make Lacey a great place to live, work, and raise a family.